1. Where should I report on the first day (room number, floor, and building if applicable) and what will be my schedule? ----------- You should report to Indiana Regional Medical Center Dr. Bush’s office to see Loise first for orientation and IRMC ID card around 7:30 am, (phone number 724-357-7194)
2. What is your dress code? ----------- Dress as a professional, school white coat ok.
3. Are there special instructions for parking? ---------- Except physician’s parking lot from 7am to 11 am, you can park any where at the hospital campus
4. Are there any materials that I should read or any other preparations I should take prior to beginning the rotation? ----------- No specific requirement, but if you can check and read the H&P, PROGRESS NOTES, and DISCHAREGE SUMARY format showed in this web page in advance, then it will help you a lot when you do the rounds in the hospital.
5. Are there any special concerns I should be aware of before beginning this rotation -------- Expect to working long hours, and working hard. Then you will gain a lot by direct hands on patient care.
6. What can I learn after I finish this rotation? ------------ You will learn how to do and interprete ECG, some in office procedures and get direct-patient-care experience
7. Where is my rotaion sttings? --------- Most time you will take of ptients in the office. You will rotate for inpatients care at IRMC. You may also have opertunities to visit patients in nursing homes and personal care homes if you desire.
8. What are additional oppertunities I can learn? ---------- Every other Tuesday afternoon for ECG training, every other Tuesday or Friday afternoon for case studies, Medication reviews, or informal lectures. You may be invited to attend pharmaceutical sponsored educational dinner meetings.
9. How am I evaluated? ------------ You will be evaluated based on you perfomance by a supervison provider according to your school's requirment at the mid of rotaton and end of the rotation. You are required to finish two full H&Ps of in patients for training purpose. Please see following attached H&P format an samples.
We have procetion program for students with the following schools
https://www.lecom.edu/ (LECOM) Medical student (MS)
https://www.setonhill.edu/ (SH) Physician Assistant (PA)
https://www.chatham.edu/ (CH) Physician Assistant (PA)
https://www.duq.edu/ (DQ) Physician Assistant (PA)
We also procept Nursing students, Nurse Pactioner tudents and Midcal Assistant students